Getting a traffic ticket

SpeedyDad

As my username implies. I am a little led-footed at times. It gets me in trouble every once in a while. Especially with it being so close to the holidays, it makes it extra hard to pay it back! Just a friendly reminder to everyone out there...stay within the speed limit, and your bank account will remain happy for the time being! :)

Gilbo

I would try to cool your heals before they get you in any more trouble. I thought I heard a rumor that some states charge more for speeding tickets when there are kids in the car.

Thompson

I hate traffic tickets. I had one a few months back and it was only my second one ever, but it cost me nearly $300! The cop was less than polite too!

Blake

No traffic tickets for me but I have had my fair share of parking tickets. Sometimes you just underestimate the time you need to spend in the store and don't put enough in the machine.

bighelp

I got a few speeding tickets many moons ago and decided I was not going to do that again, the fines got bigger with age and its not worth it in the end. There is no excuse for speeding with kids in the car either.

polamalu43

I'm with you bighelp! I don't have the extra cash to throw at the courts for speeding. I slow down now. I try to set the cruise control when I'm late. This way I know I won't be speeding.

Ed35

Makes sense if they get you for more money when you have kids with you. It's called "endangering the welfare of a child". I hate to see erratic drivers with kids in their cars! Knock on wood - never had a speeding ticket before.

Kenneth

It's not just your wallet you have to watch for, it's your safety. People drive crazier during this time of year it seems especially with all the angry shoppers out and about. I was hit one time by a guy running a red light who was in a hurry. Thankfully I only had a crack in my front end, but he had to have his car towed because it was totalled where his tire was. Bad karma for him.