The price of professional sports.

Millman

Well, single game tickets went on sale last week for our local pro baseball team and I just couldn't pull the trigger to buy tickets. Even the cheap seats are more than thirty a pop. Then you start adding in food, beverages and souvenirs and it's crazy. It's just an expense I'm not ready to spend on.

Will you be going to any games this summer? Do you go to any other live pofessional sports?

chelly

I try to save money as it is now so saving on sporting stuff is nothing new to me. You would be surprised what you can save in the off seasons, look online for deals too. Some places have random promo event prices. :)

Pops

$30 is for the cheapest seats?! Cheapest seats for us last year was $9 I believe. I haven't been on to check to see if they have changed the prices this year though. We'll definitely be going to a few. It's family tradition! We also enjoy watching football live.

pokerdad

I am in the same boat if we want to catch a pro game live and in person. We did have some good luck though buying tickets on auctions sites, like ebay. You have to be flexible, but we got some pretty good seats for like half price.